Friday, February 9, 2024

Painted Lavender Cards

This week I was playing around with the Painted Lavender Bundle of products in the Stampin Up mini catalog.  I'm not really much of a "purple" girl, but I love lavender and the soft papers that come with this set.  

For my first card, I cut out an arch using the dies from the Garden Meadow suite.  I love how it almost looks like you're peeking into a garden.  I used Lost Lagoon cardstock, added a piece of the designer papers and put the arch on my card using dimensionals to give it a lift.

I stamped some butterflies and cut out some springs using the Painted Lavender dies.  Then I added a saying and a piece of the linen thread to complete my card.  

It has a soft flowery look to it and that's just what I was going for.  :)


For my next card, I used the negative space that the arch die cuts for the front of my card.  I put a piece of the desinger paper behind it and added the arch portion to the card with dimensionals.  Before I added it to the card, I ran it through the Cut & Emboss machine using an embossing folder to make it resemble a stone wall.

There are sprigs and butterflies on this card, too.  The saying is from Notes of Nature stamp set.  I saw this idea on Pinterest from Robin Daus.

My third card has some of the lavender images stamped and cut out on it.  I used the Scallop Contour rectangle die to add the flowers onto.  I stamped the green leaf stamp on the scalloped white piece before I added some sprigs and flowers.

This is pretty much the same card, only I used a different piece of the designer papers for the front of the card.  Instead of 3 stamped lavender flowers, I only put one on it.  What a beautiful set this is.  I would love to make some more things with it.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment